Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey day. I made Thanksgiving dinner for the first time this year. I loved do it and I think it went well. My bonus mom (my mother in law ...we don't like the in law thing) works for  Weight Watchers, so I decided on a healthy appetizer.


I got this idea from Family Fun. It was very simple and so cute. The body is a melon that i cut on the bottom so that it was flat and would not roll. The head is a pear upside down secured with half of a wooden skewer. Raisins for eyes , yellow pepper for the beak and red pepper for the ....um whats that thing called? all secured with tooth picks. The feathers are an assortment of cheese cubes and grapes.




Plus it made a great center piece for the table. If you want to make your own fruit and cheese animal, experiment and have fun! The turkey design could easily be made into a peacock, or let your creativity flow and come up with your own. It makes a great diet-friendly appetizer or even light dessert, especially when paired with the Sensa Weight loss System.
























Disclaimer: Sensa is a paid sponsor of Cupcake Daydreamer. 

Don't forget to enter my Etsy giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...