Last Mon was my in-laws Anniversary. I wanted to give them a gift but funds were low. I knew they like wine and champagne. But I needed to dress up the bottle a bit. I found a great idea at Under the Table and Dreaming Hers is a no-sew. I decided to sew mine..mostly because I didnt have to go out and by anything. This is what mine looks like.
I wish I took pictures of the process but I did it rather quickly. Here is how I made the whole gift.
- First I bought a bottle of champagne. (It is an Anniversay gift after all)
- Next I got 3 sheets of felt. (luckily for me, my mom has a whole stash of felt)
- I sewed the 3 pieces together top to bottom until I had a complete ring.
- Then I laid the ring flat with the piece of felt on the bottom folded and the other 2 pieces forming my front and back. ( just picture the final product laying on a surface.)
- I traced the bottom of my bottle, and cut out a opening in one piece of felt.
- Then I sew the sides together, leaving a 1"-1.5" opening at the bottom (this allows the bag to sit flat when you put the bottle in)
- After it was all sewn together, I reached in the whole and flipped the bag inside out. Now my bag was done and it was on to the ornament.
- I used a jar top from a relish jar. Washed and dried it.
- I asked my hubs to drill a whole in one of the sides of the lid. (he is better at power tools than I am)
- Once I had a whole, I cut some ribbon and threaded it through the whole then knotted it to make a loop.
- I cut out U shapes from felt and hot glued them around the lid to make the flower.
- The last step was the center ..It is just a button I found that id hot glued in the center.
- All I had to do was put the bottle in the bag and the ornament around it.
Under the Table and Dreaming has a much better tutorial.
They loved it. They got to toast their Anniversary and now they can reuse the bag to give someone else some wine.
I am linking this post up to :