Saturday, October 22, 2011

Beer & Candy Gift

Today is my brother-in-law's birthday. Last night we were going to have his birthday dinner but he and his wife had other plans. So instead of making a cake, I got to make a fort with their 2 1/2 yr old son. It was fun. I love how easily amused little kids are . I did learn that I proably should have some last minute activities ready to go for whenever we have him again. Hmmm... any ideas? We don't watch him that often though. Ok enough rambling..on to the birthday gift.


I was really clueless as to what to get him, so I settled on something easy that I knew he would like.



Beer




I don't drink much so picking out the right one was kinda hard. I figured Samuel Adams was a good choice though.(The first thing had said about the gift was "oooohhh and thats a good beer" so I guess I did good )





























I needed to jazz it up a bit though. After all I couldn't just give him a plain old  6 pack of beer..


so

I

added





.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Candy


Please forgive me for the quality of the pictures. I took them with my phone. Also, I cannot tie a  nice pretty bow, so I tied it like I was tying my shoelace. If anyone could teach me to make pretty bows..give me the link to your tutorial please.

I just taped a whole bunch of candy that I bough in bulk at Costco to the outside of the 6 pack ( I used some of the leftovers for another gift today but that will be in another post ), then tied it with a ribbon.

It was simple and inexpensive, but got a good reaction.


Tomorrow is my 1st anniversary....Wait til you see my take on the "paper" gift.



I will be linking this post up here:

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...