Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cars birthday cake

I love to make themed cakes. I am very new at Cake decorating though. I need more practice, but I don't have kids. So I have to beg my cousins and inlaws to let me make cakes for their children.
This cake was made for my cousin's son. It was his first birthday and I was asked to make a cars cake with " the red one". This is what I came up with.
I made a 11x15 sheet cake. Frosted it with vanilla frosting. Crushed up Oreos for the road. Outlined the road with mini marshmallows. Green sprinkles for grass. The cars were made out of cake baked in a car pan then frosted to look like the movie characters. I outlined the whole cake in Oreos aka wheels.
 

I will be linking up here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...