Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Painted Pumpkins

Hello,

  It has been another crazy couple of days. I have so many exciting things to show you over the next couple of days. For today, we have..........drum roll please............

Painted Pumpkins


This pumpkin was painted by my mom. She calls her house Red Maple Cottage. I will show you the house later. But for now ...the back of the pumpkin...



Next up is my grandpa's pumpkin. My grandfather died on 10.18.08. He had Alzheimer's. The last year of his life he loved to sing. One song. Over and over and over again....My Wild Irish Rose.

So My mom made him a pumpkin ...to put at the cemetery....

Shhh. this one is actually a Funkin. (Those fake carvable pumpkins)


Since we are talking about painted pumpkins, Let's look at the
 Wedding Pumpkin.



The Wedding Pumpkin was done by my mother for my wedding last year. She painted a large pumpkin white and painted the stem black. The bride and groom silloutte was bought at Joann Fabrics and decopaged on. The accents are scrapbooking emblishments that are glued on. On the back of the pumpkin she painted our names..I can't find a picture of that though :(   She also added some glitter for a finishing touch..I loved this pumpkin...It fit well with my fall wedding but still went with my black and white colors.
I will be linking this post up to :



HookingupwithHoH
Transformation Thursday

Catch a Glimpse Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...